Welcome all moms who love chic timeless style while giving their children all the resources to grow and learn from. Follow me as a mom, as a fashionista, as a person that takes pride in their health and mind and follow me as a friend!!!

Thursday, January 26, 2012


I attempted this project to use as a "Checklist" for the kids before we start the day..You know the typical,"Did you brush your teeth", "Comb your hair" etc and I was suprised at how easy this was!!! 
What you need:
-Frame ( I bought mine at WalMart)- select one that has flat, wide sides

-Craft Paint & sponge brush- if you want to have a small border of paint around the frame
 
                                                     -Vinyl

-Chalkboard Paint

-Matching ribbon
 
Steps:
1) Begin by painting a small border around the frame with paint and a sponge brush. I have marked it off with masking tape and I have done it without marking it off. Let the paint dry.
2) Cut circles on the Cricut using vinyl. I believe I cut 1" circles. Peel off the backing and place them around the sides of the frame.
3) Remove glass from picture frame and spray with chalkboard paint. I bought my paint at WalMart. Spray outside on grass or newspaper. I did several thin layers. Let dry (dries very quickly)
4) Put glass back in frame
5) Add a bow and voila it's finished. ( I would probably use a dab of hot glue to attach the bow)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment